Tuesday, January 19, 2021

BUDDING ROSE

 



Just like a beautiful butterfly

perching on a budding rose


Your love kept lingering 

on my temple-heart.


Like the settling sun

your beauty beam, blooming in hue.


I wispered your love to the air

and the birds flustered my voice


Singing solo,

waking NIFEMI to a joyous dance.


For the dove coo-coo

with white feather on her peak


So also, bivalent rainbow descend

coloring our hearts in rays. 


Making your attention resonate my thinking

giving muse to my pen.


Now, I plant my affection in verses

decorating the universe with your love.


©️ Aminu Femi Jamiu

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITTLE BLESSINGS

never has my life  been dramatically changed  by an animal  encounter - but that’s  OK for the hundreds of  little adjustments  ...